F2 Non-Purple Stem Yellow-Green Leaf
F2 Non-Purple Stem, Yellow-Green Leaf
F2 Non-Purple Stem, Yellow Green-Leaf variety of Wisconsin Fast Plants® is the offspring generation of intermating the F1 Non-Purple Stem, Yellow Green-Leaf. This stock (along with its F1 generation parents) demonstrates a two-gene inheritance model representative of Mendel’s findings.
F2 population will segregate on average in the following ratio:
- 9: dark green leaf, purple stem
- 3: dark green leaf, non-purple stem
- 3: yellow-Green leaf, purple stem
- 1: yellow-green leaf, non-purple stem
Unlike several of the Wisconsin Fast Plants heredity and inheritance varieties, the Yellow-Green Leaf phenotype is not observable when seedlings are germinated in a Petri dish on paper towels. The F2 Non-Purple Stem, Yellow Green-Leaf should be grown in potting mix under the recommended growing conditions.
- Dihybrid Genetics: Two-gene inheritance studies with the F1 and F2 Non-Purple Stem and Yellow-Green Leaf varieties.
- Quantitative Genetics