Wisconsin Fast Plants are perfect for teaching life science in the classroom! Initially developed as a research tool at the University of Wisconsin – Madison, Fast Plants have 30+ years of use as a model organism in K-12 education. This post is an introduction to teaching with Fast Plants, with links for easy access to materials that support developing and implementing hands-on life science teaching in your own classroom.
What life science topics can I teach with Fast Plants?
- Environmental studies (click on the links to learn more about factors of the physical environment, chemical environment, and biological environment)
- Genetics (click on the thumbnails below to view instructional videos for teaching genetics lessons)
- Ecology (click to learn more about structures and functions of flower and bee parts involved in pollination)
Materials have been designed for all ages! View Lessons and Investigations on our website to get started at your grade level.
How can I learn more about teaching life science with Fast Plants?
- Prepare to grow your own Fast Plants in four simple steps
- Learn about seed varieties and associated classroom investigations
- Browse 25+ years of educational resources in our Digital Library
- Check out our YouTube channel, including video guides for planting and tending
Need further help developing or implementing life science lessons in your classroom?
Contact us at email@example.com